12 tips for mental strength and more calmness in your everyday life
According to plan, I – Pierre – wanted to interview one of our founders Felix Stöckli for the upcoming blog.
But before we can publish that, I can’t avoid briefly discussing the C-Virus. Not to intensify the panic – but to give ourselves the chance to see what is happening as a possibility. We at ETREFORT are very much convinced, that any obstacle can be an opportunity. So, how can we see possibilities in this scenario? Right now, more than ever, you have the chance to live your day in a strong and sustainable way.
Especially now, there are so many people who inspire us.
What do we do at ETREFORT?
We do want to continue and post a lot of content and keep this situation interesting also for you as a reader – and not just write about the c-virus. We are interested in how we can be strong as humans. How can we overcome such a crisis and what opportunities do we get out of it in order to grow personally? Right now, there are so many people that can inspire us. And we want to talk about them in future content. But before we do that, we would like to propose 12 tips on how you can continue to get through this unusual situation.
By the way – if you speak German, you can listen to Pierre’s tips on our Podcast!
Recently, a lot of people on Instagram have replied, that they do not know what the future holds. Many feel insecure or do not know how to deal with themselves. They do not know what to expect. Many are afraid of being lonely at home. I think, there is a lot coming all at once. Of course, it is a very difficult situation.
Especially now with the Coronacrisis, where many of us are at home and cannot meet large groups, everyday life can be very overwhelming. We are social beings, we need communication, we need to feel and touch others. Missing this, does not help coping with this situation. We have picked out a few tips to answer the following:
How are we going to get through this?
Here are our 12 tips for the quarantine at home
1. Breathe – Your breathing reacts immediately in a crisis situation. Sit down. Concentrate and take a deep breath in and out.
2. Keep a “success diary”. In the morning, write down what you want to achieve, what you want to do and what you are looking forward to. Establish a daily structure. Make a plan. With or without family. It will guide you through the day. In the evening, write down what you are thankful for.
3. Get some fresh air, but on your own. Sitting around can be very counterproductive. Treat yourself to a little walk alone in the forest. Stay away from crowds. Movement is good for us, the forest clears our thoughts and gives us confidence and serenity.
4. Eat healthy. You and your immune system should remain strengthened. Pay attention to what you eat. The nutritionist Luc-Olivier Biege recommends the following: vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes and seeds.
5. Move. Get inspiration from online trainings. ParkourONE for example offers a lot of exercises in their (currently online) classes. Or check out the ParkourONE Instagram channel. No matter if Parkour, Yoga or strength training – just move.
6. Suddenly we have time. Use the time for projects that you have always wanted to do. Read a book you have always thought of. Reorganise your apartment. Do a spring cleaning. It should be something that you usually do not take enough time for. It can also be meditation, a movie night or an artistic project. You can get incredibly creative in your own space at home.
7. Read the news only once a day. It is important that you are up to date, but you do not have to hear all the negative messages every minute. Take the time to stay informed. Set a specific time during the day just for this. The rest of the day belongs to you and your life.
8. Empathy and compassion – ask other people how they are. Call them. Exchange ideas and feelings. Talk about things that are on your mind. We have to seperate physically, not socially. If we talk about things, we can influence each other in a positive way.
9. Gain focus through meditation – meditating helps to focus on ourselves. We can activate several things. We can calm our breath and bring clarity to our mind. Keep your head clear. Enjoy the moment. Be thankful for the moment, you will never experience the same one again.
10. Write down your own beliefs. Many of us have been thaught negative beliefs. Interrupt your usual mind game that tells you what could happen or how fate can hit you – that just pulls you down. Start transforming your beliefs, and write them down. Phrase them positively. Instead of “I can never do this”, try “now I know how to do it differently” – it is an important and right start.
11. Help the people in need. Register yourself in a group of your neighbourhood or for a job. You can offer a driving service, shop for groceries, become a listener. Small gestures make a huge difference.
12. Accept change: The only constant thing in life is change. So it is only logical, that things change. We do not have a say in that. So instead of wasting our energy on being against them, let’s see change as an opportunity to grow mentally. We should not see the whole situation as an obstacle but as an opportunity to make a difference in our lives.
So, that’s about it for our 12 tips for a peaceful everyday life in the current situation. I hope that these tips are helping you. Do you have any more? Let us know in the comment. You can also reach out to us on Instagram.
I look forward to your feedback. If you liked this blog, please share it with your friends. It is precisely at this thime, that we can all need a little support.
By the way – you can support us too 🙂
For example by having a look at our online store and choosing your perfect outfit for staying strong every day. Especially now.
The time is now! Now we can make a difference by supporting each other for everyone’s sake and wellbeing.
Nick Fraser, Parkour & Freerunning athlete from California, shares his most recent experience of being injured. "Now is the perfect time to really put in the time for rehabilitation. Especially with the quarantine in place. Use this time for stretching, gaining...
«Stark sein um nützlich zu sein», das hat sich der ETREFORT Gründer Felix Stöckli auf die Fahne geschrieben. Seit mehreren Jahren leitet er mit seinem Geschäftspartner Roger Widmer die zwei Firmen ETREFORT und ParkourONE GmbH. Interview In diesem Podcast reden wir...
It feels as if everyone is talking only about one topic. The situation changes day by day, a lot is uncertain. Inevitably, the question arises: what is constant, where do we seek orientation? In the following blog, I would like to share my thoughts with you. Raphaëlle...
We are very excited to tell you that we are taking the next step with ETREFORT as a lifestyle brand. The founders Felix and Roger proudly present ETREFORT's new CEO: Pierre Biege. Pierre has been supporting ETREFORT for quite some time and also teaches for ParkourONE....
A few weeks ago, the ETREFORT office team (founders Roger and Felix, CEO Pierre and Designer Raphaëlle) went to Porto to make the annual visit to our production site, which is in Portugal for almost all our products.Keeping in touch and getting to see everyone once in...
As with any project, we started with a simple idea while training in the forest of Fontainebleau, France. Everyone knows the feeling of only being focused on one activity - in Roger and Felix’s case it was Parkour training in the woods.Their car keys had fallen out...